Use Peak Template to Detect Blobs

Ask or learn about how to use the software or troubleshoot problems
ChemistAir

Use Peak Template to Detect Blobs

Post by ChemistAir »

Hello,

Is it possible to use a peak template to detect blobs? I have hundreds of samples with essentially the same components in them but at varying relative concentrations. However similar, some peaks consistently do not get split where I know they need to be. It is very laborious to individually blob split every "unsplit" blob in the hundreds of chromatograms. Is there an easier, straight forward way for me to tell the blob detection step which blobs are always there? Please let me know! Thank you for any help.

ChemistAir
qtao

Re: Use Peak Template to Detect Blobs

Post by qtao »

Actually we are working on a feature like what you described. But, current version does not have such feature.

Possible workarounds are
  • Tune blob detection settings. If you always need to split blobs, it may be due to high smoothing factors. Try setting the smaller smoothing factors in Configure > Settings > Blob Detection.
  • Use Areas in place of peaks in a template. An area is a fixed integration window (polygon). It can be extracted from blobs detected in a reference sample with Processing > Extract Area Objects from Blobs. But since it has a fixed outline, its size/shape won't change when applying a template.
davidejames

Re: Use Peak Template to Detect Blobs

Post by davidejames »

So glad that you are working on this much needed feature