Automated CLICs and Local Blob Detection

Discuss with developer team, share useful tips, report bugs, request new features and anything else
mwilde1

Automated CLICs and Local Blob Detection

Post by mwilde1 »

Dear GC Image team,

First question, is it possible to get GC Image or GC Project to automatically apply a CLIC expression to a chromatogram when importing it in GC Image or creating a batch of images in GC Project? For example, making the CLIC expression part of a method or template which can then be applied to a series of chromatograms automatically?

Second question, is it possible to get GC Image to automatically perform a local blob detection when importing in GC Image or creating a batch of images?

Context - I am processing a batch of samples where I am looking for a select number of peaks within all the samples. However these samples are particularly complex and therefore when I 'find blobs' and 'apply' and 'match template' it doesn't work very well. However, if I apply a CLIC expression (selecting Point MS), draw a rectangle around the group of peaks of interest and perform local blob detection it works well. Therefore is there anyway to automate these steps?

Many thanks,

Mike
qtao

Re: Automated CLICs and Local Blob Detection

Post by qtao »

You can set CLIC expression to the qCLIC field of a template peak. Then the qCLIC will be used in the template matching.

Local blob detection cannot be automated right now. But, in R2.5, you can specify a CLIC Filter for global blob detection:
http://www.gcimage.com/gcxgc/usersguide/detection.html