GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Users' Guide
New Features and Improvements in Release 2.2
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Release 2.2 (June 2011) has many new features and improvements.
See the GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Users' Guide for full documentation.
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Release 2.2 requires Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system.
Cross-Sample Analysis with the Image Investigator™
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.2 introduces a new framework for automated non-targeted cross-sample analysis with the
The framework supports automated comprehensive feature generation, alignment, and matching across many samples.
The framework uses advanced peak-region features which provide a high degree of selectivity and implicit cross-sample feature matching.
The Image Investigator allows users to:
- Specify a customized feature template for targeted analysis or generate a comprehensive peak-region template for non-targeted analysis.
- Report mean, standard deviation, and relative standard deviation for individual features.
- Filter features based on various statistics and generate a refined feature template.
- Assign samples to classes and compute Fisher ratios for individual features.
- Export feature tables for external analysis.
1D View with Synchronized Viewing and Navigation
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.2 introduces a 1D View tool that displays
one-dimensional slices of a chromatogram that are fully synchronized and interactive with the Image Viewer.
- 1D View displays multiple adjacent 1D slices from open image views of TIC, SIC or CLIC data along
either the Column I or Column II dimension.
- 1D View allows users to add additional 1D slices for specific spectral ranges.
- 1D View provides many controls including grouping, value mapping, zooming, and precision
- 1D View allows users to save current projections as graphs for presentation or as raw data values
for external analysis.
A new control setting allows users to synchronize zooming and navigating on all open Image Viewers.
New 3D Visualization for Multi-Spectral Data
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.2 introduces two new 3D visualization features for GCxGC-MS data.
- Spectral colorization for 3D View maps various
user-specified spectral components to different group colors, revealing spectral information
embedded within large and complex GCxGC-MS data.
- MS Cube supports exploring GCxGC-MS data
in a 3D space whose dimensions are Column I, Column II, and MS. GCxGC-MS
data is displayed as a cloud of points in the 3D space. The view allows the user to
quickly browse any orthogonal slice (Col IxCol II, Col IxMS, Col IIxMS) and the spectrum
at any point to discover interesting patterns.
MS/MS Data Support
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.2 introduces support for analysis with GCxGC-MS/MS data.
This release supports:
- Extracting multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) data with a user-defined precursor ion list
in the Import Dialog.
- Importing Agilent Mass Hunter data files acquired with a single
scan group of one of the MS/MS level types: MRM, Precursor Ion, Product Ion, Neutral Loss,
and Neutral Gain.
- Displaying all corresponding MS/MS spectra when displaying a
point, peak, or blob spectrum in the same MS Viewer.
- Displaying and saving a selected ion chromatogram from MS/MS.
Additional support for other MS/MS data formats will be added in future releases.
New and Improved Simulated Distillation Analyses
GC Image R2.2 introduces new and more complete support for various simulated distillation analyses.
In addition to support for ASTM D2887 reports and region-specific analyses, the Slice Report now supports:
- Group distributions with region-specific boiling-point calibration functions.
- Distributions based on mass-percent slices or temperature slices.
New and Improved I/O Support
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.2 has new and improved I/O facilities.
- The software supports importing Agilent Mass Hunter ".D" folders directly with the MassHunter Data Access Component (MHDAC) 2.0.
- The software supports transposing an image during the Import Image process.
- Users can specify Start Acquisition Time in the Import Dialog to import data at a specific acquisition time.
- Users can choose whether to export the display dimensions of an open chromatogram in the export settings.
The people of GC Image welcome your suggestions
of new features, your comments about existing features and documentation, and reports
of any problems. We strive to make GC Image software meet the needs of our users in
their many varied applications.
GC Image™ GCxGC-HRMS Edition Users' Guide © 2001–2011
by GC Image, LLC, and the University of Nebraska.