GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Users' Guide
New Features and Improvements in Release 2.5
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Release 2.5 (September 2014) has many new features and improvements.
See the GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition Users' Guide for full documentation.
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 requires Microsoft Windows Vista or later operating system.
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 (64-bit) requires a 64-bit Windows operating system. For
Agilent MassHunter or JEOL AccuTOF users, the software requires Microsoft .Net Framework
4.0 or later.
QA Rapid Screen
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 introduces QA Rapid Screen, which
allows rapid inspection of analytical results. Users select peaks or regions for
review, either interactively or with a CLIC expression, and then QA Rapid Review
presents a set of user-configurable views for each. For example, a user might
configure a perspective with views of a zoomed image, 1D slices, the MS view, and
a SIC. Then, as each peak or region is reviewed, all selected views of the object
are shown, presenting a tightly integrated perspective on each analysis. Features
- Two built-in perspectives (sets of views) for non-spectral and/or spectral data.
- Support for creating, editing, importing, and exporting perspectives, i.e., view
- Quick and easy tiling of selected views for user-defined layouts.
- Conditional cell colorization in the Blob/Area Table based on user-specified criteria
(e.g., green and red indicating whether a test is passed or failed).
New and Improved Operations and Support for HRMS
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 has new and improved features for HRMS
- Two new MS data binning methods based on a user-specified
tolerance are supported: (a) summed intensities over fixed intervals defined by
the user and (b) summed intensities within variable intervals that group ions within
the user-specified tolerance. The new methods enable the supports for:
- Mass Defect and Kendrick Mass Defect plots in
MS Viewer with support for selecting ranges
for SIC images. (Available only in HRMS Edition software.)
- Sortable table of isotope differences and isotope graph in the
Formula Calculator. (Available only in HRMS Edition software.)
- Support for exporting HRMS and intensity data for blobs or areas with Export Image
- Faster operations for importing MassHunter data files.
New Tools for Blob Detection
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 has a new Interactive
Blob Detection tool that allows users to specify and interactively experiment with blob
detection configuration settings and filters.
In addition, the Blob Detection configuration now allows users to constrain blob detection
with a user-defined CLIC Blob Detection Filter, i.e., a CLIC
expression that constrains blob detection.
These two new tools work well together: the Interactive Blob Detection tool can be used
to build and save a CLIC Blob Detection Filter.
New Tools for NIST14 Retention Indices and MS/MS Library Search
The new 2014 edition of the popular NIST/EPA/NIH
Mass Spectral Library and Search Software (NIST14) integrates retention indexes into its
searches and hitlists and significantly expands its EI and MS/MS libraries.
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 has new features to support these new capabilities, including
New and Improved Operations for Data Processing
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 has new and improved operations for data processing, including:
Enhanced User Interfaces for Template Transformations
New and Improved Operations in Image Investigator™
In GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5, Image Investigator
New Support for 3D Modeling and Visualizations including 3D Fly-by Videos
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 can export its
3D View to a VTK file, an open-source file format for 3D Graphics. Then,
that file, which represents the 2D chromatogram with elevation, can be accessed
and manipulated in many other programs, including the free, open-source, multiplatform
data analysis and visualization software ParaView,
which can be used to generate 3D fly-by videos.
New and Improved Support for Slice Report (SIMDIS)
Slice Report in GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5
- User-specified slices with fixed degree intervals.
- Custom cut points in either boiling point or percent off, specified in a comma-separated
string, such as: "0, 100, 200, 400, 800".
- Configuration for the temperature unit to Celsius or Fahrenheit for D2887 reports.
- The latest oil batches, repeatability, and reproducibility tables in ASTM D2887-13.
Other New and Improved Operations
GC Image GCxGC-HRMS Edition R2.5 has many other new and improved operations, including:
- Adjustable value mapping for individual SICs in MS Cube.
- A new blob table column, Graphical Groups,
that lists the names of graphic groups to which a blob belongs in a semicolon-separated
string, e.g.: "C9+;C10+".
- Numerical sorting of pure-number names in text columns of the
Blob Set Table,
Template Object Table,
and Comparison Report.
- An option in the Comparison Report to print the "Description" column in
addition to the "Name" column.
- A Configuration setting for whether the Residual Group is shown in the
Blob Set Table.
- A Configuration setting for whether Residual Area is shown in the
- A Configuration setting for placing a new Text Object of a graphic object
relative to object.
- Sticky modes for the Cursor Palette buttons
for creating new graphics, blobs, or template objects.
- An Append option for populating LRI Tables
from identified blobs.
- Support in Export Image to export selected
regions to text formats.
- Saving SIC and CLIC images
from chromatograms with variable modulation.
- A View Journal button on the GC/LC Project Image
- Reorganized toolbars.
GC Image™ GCxGC-HRMS Edition Users' Guide © 2001–2014 by GC Image, LLC, and the
University of Nebraska.